Old May 4th 04, 03:50 PM
Craig Jackman

"Bob Haberkost" ) writes:
So what are you asking? You answered your own question (or what moderator?
This is a moderated group?!??).

[ Moderator's note: Yes, that'd be me - Steve Sobol. The original poster
did not answer the question. ]

And there still is a role for A&R...it's what I'd consider to be the most
exciting job in the recording industry, excepting that I'd have to listen to
even more crap than what gets on the air now, just to find next year's
breakout act.

And more importantly, be excited about all that crap and be able to keep a
straight face while talking to some radio programmer about said crap, and
how that crap is going to be huge, and the real crap is what the other
label is trying to push onto that radio programmer.

It's a soul-less job for which the term "record weasel" is interchangable
with A&R Man.

--
Craig Jackman - Audio Production and Sound Design
Multi-award winning Creative Production, Station Imaging, Comedy, Voices