Old June 12th 04, 06:34 AM
OIE

Playing actualities from someone else's copyrighted show is not a good
idea legally. You can discuss what was said, quote it in context even,
but I certainly wouldn't be playing a tape of it. On one hand, the chance
of someone other than your close circle of friends ever hearing an
Internet talk show is slim, so the chance of some representative of the
show you want to use hearing it are equally slim. But slim is not none,
and weasels and lawyers are constantly looking for someone to sue so they
can continue to get their BMW's detailed weekly.

BTW, the best commentary comes from passionate personal beliefs, not
critisim of what someone else said or did elsewhere. That's just
critisism and that's pretty boring to listen to.

Actually, I meant more along the lines of news. Is it even illegal to
replay short clips? Probably so, just making sure.