Old August 18th 04, 01:49 AM
Gary Schnabl

"Mike Ward" wrote in message
On 17 Aug 2004 03:51:07 GMT, "Gary Schnabl"
wrote:

Actually, I meant Jimbo and C2C. I'm not familiar with Bernie Ward. Jimbo
hasn't been carried in Detroit since WXYT went full-time sports some

three
years ago. WJR is the only mainstream non-sports or non-men's issues

talker
here, and during Jimbo's timeslot it carries Schlesinger.

Oh...well, as far as the stations being able to carry both Jimbo and
C2C...yes. C2C's live clearance starts at 1 AM ET last I checked (10
PM PT). But Premiere dumps a few hours of last night's show as a
"pre-feed", so some stations out west carry the show as early as 8 PM,
and some in the Eastern zone carry the show as early as 10 or so!

I left out 50 KW CKLW across the river as a talker. Actually, CKLW has C2C
from 1 EDT to 5, except on the weekends when it goes to 6. On Sat/Sun,
there's a rebroadcast of both Art Bell's programs from the past weekend.from
9 PM to 1A. So on Sat/Sun, there's 9 straight hours of C2C!

WJR is a 50 KW ABC O&O that plays a rather conservative slant all day long
except for 3 hours of Mitch Albom, who is very left-wing. Those two stations
fill the bill for me, as I keep my radio on while I do copy and technical
editing for a number of hours daily.

Gary