Old August 13th 04, 03:03 AM
Aaron

Default Jim Bohannon and Bernie Ward

Are they still on the air?

Old August 14th 04, 12:19 AM
Tim Perry

"Aaron" wrote in message
Are they still on the air?

http://www.westwoodone.com/talk_bohannon.htm

Old August 14th 04, 12:20 AM
Art Clemons

Aaron wrote:

Are they still on the air?

http://www.westwoodone.com/talk_bohannon.htm

http://www.kgoam810.com/complexshowdj.asp?DJID=3284

Old August 17th 04, 01:12 AM
Mike Ward

On 15 Aug 2004 04:16:45 GMT, "Gary Schnabl"
wrote:

If both programs were carried live, there would be no time conflict with
each other.

If you mean Jim Bohannon and Bernie Ward, the subjects of this thread,
you're correct...Jimbo is 10 PM-1 AM Eastern (7-10 PM Pacific), and
Bernie follows on KGO at 10 PM-1 AM Pacific (1-4 AM Eastern).

I believe Bernie used to be carried on the "ABC News & Talk" satellite
radio channel, which ABC programs on both XM and Sirius. Looking at
the schedule now, it appears the slot is filled by whoever is doing
the old Sam Donaldson ABC Radio slot on the bird now, and a repeat of
Sean Hannity. The channel no longer carries any KGO hosts (I think
KGO overnighter Ray T. was also carried back then) or any
non-syndicated ABC O&O hosts.

Old August 17th 04, 04:51 AM
Gary Schnabl

wrote:

If both programs were carried live, there would be no time conflict with
each other.

If you mean Jim Bohannon and Bernie Ward, the subjects of this thread,
you're correct...Jimbo is 10 PM-1 AM Eastern (7-10 PM Pacific), and
Bernie follows on KGO at 10 PM-1 AM Pacific (1-4 AM Eastern).

I believe Bernie used to be carried on the "ABC News & Talk" satellite
radio channel, which ABC programs on both XM and Sirius. Looking at
the schedule now, it appears the slot is filled by whoever is doing
the old Sam Donaldson ABC Radio slot on the bird now, and a repeat of
Sean Hannity. The channel no longer carries any KGO hosts (I think
KGO overnighter Ray T. was also carried back then) or any
non-syndicated ABC O&O hosts.

Actually, I meant Jimbo and C2C. I'm not familiar with Bernie Ward. Jimbo
hasn't been carried in Detroit since WXYT went full-time sports some three
years ago. WJR is the only mainstream non-sports or non-men's issues talker
here, and during Jimbo's timeslot it carries Schlesinger.

I even got on Jimbo's show once 5 years ago. I'm still batting 1000 when it
comes to getting unto talk shows - 7 times called in - 7 times on the air
in 40 years!

Gary

Old August 17th 04, 04:09 PM
Mike Ward

On 17 Aug 2004 03:51:07 GMT, "Gary Schnabl"
wrote:

Actually, I meant Jimbo and C2C. I'm not familiar with Bernie Ward. Jimbo
hasn't been carried in Detroit since WXYT went full-time sports some three
years ago. WJR is the only mainstream non-sports or non-men's issues talker
here, and during Jimbo's timeslot it carries Schlesinger.

Oh...well, as far as the stations being able to carry both Jimbo and
C2C...yes. C2C's live clearance starts at 1 AM ET last I checked (10
PM PT). But Premiere dumps a few hours of last night's show as a
"pre-feed", so some stations out west carry the show as early as 8 PM,
and some in the Eastern zone carry the show as early as 10 or so!

Old August 18th 04, 01:49 AM
Gary Schnabl

wrote:

Actually, I meant Jimbo and C2C. I'm not familiar with Bernie Ward. Jimbo
hasn't been carried in Detroit since WXYT went full-time sports some

three
years ago. WJR is the only mainstream non-sports or non-men's issues

talker
here, and during Jimbo's timeslot it carries Schlesinger.

Oh...well, as far as the stations being able to carry both Jimbo and
C2C...yes. C2C's live clearance starts at 1 AM ET last I checked (10
PM PT). But Premiere dumps a few hours of last night's show as a
"pre-feed", so some stations out west carry the show as early as 8 PM,
and some in the Eastern zone carry the show as early as 10 or so!

I left out 50 KW CKLW across the river as a talker. Actually, CKLW has C2C
from 1 EDT to 5, except on the weekends when it goes to 6. On Sat/Sun,
there's a rebroadcast of both Art Bell's programs from the past weekend.from
9 PM to 1A. So on Sat/Sun, there's 9 straight hours of C2C!

WJR is a 50 KW ABC O&O that plays a rather conservative slant all day long
except for 3 hours of Mitch Albom, who is very left-wing. Those two stations
fill the bill for me, as I keep my radio on while I do copy and technical
editing for a number of hours daily.

Gary