Old March 10th 04, 05:42 AM
Dave Platt

The best hearing protectors I've seen are in the range of a 30-35 dB
reduction. That would take it from "ears bleeding" down to "10 feet
from jet engine" level.

The article said that even with fingers in the ears, a migraine-like
headache is likely.

The military has also experimented with high-amplitude infrasound.
Hearing protectors don't help a bit, apparently. The results of
exposure are unpleasant, to say the least. Biggest drawback seems to
be that it's very difficult to shield the operator and other nearby
"friendlies" - infrasound is highly nondirectional.

A Google search on "military infrasound weapon" turns up some
interesting tidbits.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO