Old November 25th 04, 09:05 AM
Steve Sobol

Scott Dorsey wrote:

In the US, ISDN was a flop because it was too expensive, too slow, and too
late to market. If it had become available as quickly as it had in Europe
and as universally, it would have been very popular. But it wasn't.

(A) ISDN was faster than dialup - no one (hopefully) is claiming that it was
meant to replace leased lines.

(B) Yes, ISDN was expensive in some places. In Ohio we got lucky. Business ISDN
was tarriffed per minute, but you could get residential for as little as
$37/month for 75 calls/month (metered access, 8c/call after that) or about $45
flat rate.

And I still maintain that ISDN was more useful for that time period than BPL
will be now.

**SJS (trying to tie this argument back into radio somehow, and failing miserably)

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /