Old January 13th 05, 05:00 AM
Max Power

Default Radio Canada retransmit Radio China International : Chinese PTT leases SW transmitters in China, similar model to VOR.ru (via ROSTELCOM)

In China, CRI leases SW transmitters from the Chinese PTT.
Voice Of Russia, does the same in Russia via ROSTELCOM.

In fact -- Radio France International has the same 'broadcasting
organization' model.
[France Telecom owns ALLOISS and ISSODUN SW relay sites, and leases them
back to RFI.]

Jamming in China may be done by the military [or other entities] in country,
with no connection to the PTT.
There was a connection with the PTT in the USSR, but China has not perused
that model internally.

Jamming was started by Italy under Mussolini, against the USSR.
In international law jamming does have some legitimacy -- pursuant to
certain conditions being met.
Religious broadcasters broadcasting into China are not jammed, that I am
aware of.

If a broadcaster is being jammed on SW, it is indicative of a failure in
international relations.
Jamming also shows a failure of the broadcaster to take into account the
realistic needs of its target audience.

The US is obsessed that there still are some non-Christian heathens that
exist on earth that are 'communistic' -- and it is willing to endanger
relations with China by using Cold-War ideological broadcasting tactics.

I can only assume that the US wants to re-create the Hungarian revolt of
1956 in China -- a concept 1000 years out of date considering Wal-Mart's
dependency on cheap Chinese goods to be profitable!

Why does Radio Canada retransmit Radio China International? China seems
jam most western stations, why should we help them?