Old January 13th 05, 05:00 AM
Max Power

Default Radio Canada retransmit Radio China International : Chinese PTT leases SW transmitters in China, similar model to VOR.ru (via ROSTELCOM)

In China, CRI leases SW transmitters from the Chinese PTT.
Voice Of Russia, does the same in Russia via ROSTELCOM.

In fact -- Radio France International has the same 'broadcasting
organization' model.
[France Telecom owns ALLOISS and ISSODUN SW relay sites, and leases them
back to RFI.]

Jamming in China may be done by the military [or other entities] in country,
with no connection to the PTT.
There was a connection with the PTT in the USSR, but China has not perused
that model internally.

Jamming was started by Italy under Mussolini, against the USSR.
In international law jamming does have some legitimacy -- pursuant to
certain conditions being met.
Religious broadcasters broadcasting into China are not jammed, that I am
aware of.

If a broadcaster is being jammed on SW, it is indicative of a failure in
international relations.
Jamming also shows a failure of the broadcaster to take into account the
realistic needs of its target audience.

The US is obsessed that there still are some non-Christian heathens that
exist on earth that are 'communistic' -- and it is willing to endanger
relations with China by using Cold-War ideological broadcasting tactics.

I can only assume that the US wants to re-create the Hungarian revolt of
1956 in China -- a concept 1000 years out of date considering Wal-Mart's
dependency on cheap Chinese goods to be profitable!

Why does Radio Canada retransmit Radio China International? China seems
jam most western stations, why should we help them?

Old January 14th 05, 06:39 PM
tianli

Jamming in China may be done by the military [or other entities] in

country,
with no connection to the PTT.
There was a connection with the PTT in the USSR, but China has not perused
that model internally.

The Communist Party of China method of (non-)jamming is to park a domestic
service
transmitter ontop of any undesirable external Chinese language broadcasts
and pump up the propaganda
volume. It is no wonder China has the most number of shortwave
transmitters.

The US is obsessed that there still are some non-Christian heathens that
exist on earth that are 'communistic' -- and it is willing to endanger
relations with China by using Cold-War ideological broadcasting tactics.

LOL - how long have you worked for the CPC propaganda dept? How are the
benifits?

I can only assume that the US wants to re-create the Hungarian revolt of
1956 in China -- a concept 1000 years out of date considering Wal-Mart's
dependency on cheap Chinese goods to be profitable!

No, it is the ordinary people in China who wish to start a Hungarian revolt.

Before you make a complete fool of yourself you need to begin you
re-education program:
http://english.epochtimes.com/jiuping.asp

Once you have completed the course you can take the Resign from the CPC
quiz:
http://www.9ping.com/

Now go tote that lil' Red Book.

Old January 19th 05, 12:29 AM
uncle arnie

Max Power wrote:

The US is obsessed that there still are some non-Christian heathens that
exist on earth that are 'communistic' -- and it is willing to endanger
relations with China by using Cold-War ideological broadcasting tactics.

please don't tell me that you are one of the apathetic fools (apparently
everyone who voted for Kerry falls into this classification since Kerry
was supported by the CPUSA as did ALL national Communist parties in the
world) who believes that Communists are our friends and we have nothing to
fear from such political believers???

I can assure you, that some day, we... well, my generation will give our
lives fighting them with all of our "arsenals", but you and your fellows
of the generations following mine who do not remember the Cold War, will
be speaking
Chinese and working for the slave holders of the PRC. because almost half
of this country almost elected a Communist and will do so possibly in '08.

fwiw
chas
Ltc, USA(MI), Rtd

Huh? The western world is "engaging" with many regimes so as to make a
buck. Oh sorry, I mean to bring them on side re democracy and freedom.
Works great. It doesn't matter what the gov't ideology is as long as you
can make your money, though dictatorship apparently is the most efficient
to trade with. The problem is that not all dictators are "our dictators"
or turn into not being our's. Sadam was good, now he bad, Pinochet was
good (and apparently is still good to some), Norega was good, became bad,
Castro was never good though unless you're from the US the cigars are good
and the beaches are nice, Sukarno and Suharto were both good in their day,
Shah of Iran is good, Saudi Royal family is good, the apartheid regime in
South Africa was a grand bullwork against the commies (Mandela was
considered a commie, remember?). The other problem is that when people get
the idea of freedom and self determination they don't necessarily want what
the western world thinks they want.

Old January 19th 05, 12:29 AM
tianli

A ROARING APPLAUSE!

Indeed few realize, thanks to the media, Kerry's dark and shady
relationships with the Communist Party.

Old January 20th 05, 08:20 AM
Steve Sundberg

On 19 Jan 2005 00:29:11 GMT, "tianli" wrote:

A ROARING APPLAUSE!

Indeed few realize, thanks to the media, Kerry's dark and shady
relationships with the Communist Party.

So, how does that compare to your fascist tendencies?

Old January 20th 05, 08:20 AM
McWebber

"tianli" wrote in message
A ROARING APPLAUSE!

Indeed few realize, thanks to the media, Kerry's dark and shady
relationships with the Communist Party.

Or George Bush's dark and shady relationship with drug dealers.

Old January 20th 05, 08:20 AM
Scott Dorsey

In article , wrote:

please don't tell me that you are one of the apathetic fools (apparently
everyone who voted for Kerry falls into this classification since Kerry was
supported by the CPUSA as did ALL national Communist parties in the world)
who believes that Communists are our friends and we have nothing to fear from
such political believers???

Actually, the CPUSA went out of their way not to support Kerry. Since they
weren't running a candidate, they basically had a statement saying that they
could not support any of the existing candidates, but whatever you do, don't
vote for Bush. That is a far cry from supporting Kerry.

I can assure you, that some day, we... well, my generation will give our lives
fighting them with all of our "arsenals", but you and your fellows of the
generations following mine who do not remember the Cold War, will be speaking
Chinese and working for the slave holders of the PRC. because almost half of
this country almost elected a Communist and will do so possibly in '08.

I hate to tell you this, but when it comes to support of the Chinese communist
government, Bush is going pretty strongly himself. Not that he has any choice,
mind you, since their economy is rolling downhill, but he could at least make
some pretence of trying to control it.
--scott