Old July 26th 03, 07:35 AM
Frank Gilliland

In , "Ken Harris" wrote:

================================================= ========
For those just joining in on the fun... I along with others claim that the
resistor-capacitor parts placed in parallel with diodes in a typical HV
amplifier supply are for the most part; suggested from dated technical
material and not required when using modern generation rectifiers.

*** i can attest to the above, with my home built 3,500 volt at 1.2 amp
supply, only caps in it are the ones in the stepup section, and a really big
dog oil filled on the output (just for grins), there are no other caps
needed with the modern equipment, all i used were two modern 2 amp at 3000
volt rectifier "bricks" and these 3-500's really like this, catch me on
50.125***

You may not realize this, but you just supported -my- argument, not Skippy's.