Old July 30th 03, 03:29 AM
Jim Hampton

My opinion would not be much better than the local weatherman's forecast -
and that is less than 50% I'd guess a couple of years. Maybe more,
unlikely much less. Again, just a guess. It is too bad some folks are so
anti-no code. Good safety (rf, ac, and proper grounding) along with
reasonable practical exams (where you can operate and power/mode
limitations) should be sufficient for the general ticket (in my opinion;
others may well disagree). The extra is probably about right as it
currently is; more questions, perhaps, on different modes. Modulation
techniques, whatever - but I'm straying from the question (which is to say I
haven't the foggiest - I'm guessing two years would be a minimum unless the
ARRL were to petition the FCC and, although they are a good organization,
they also are realistic politicians; meaning they don't want to rock the
boat too much too quickly

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

wrote in message
"Jim Hampton" wrote:
Scott,

Do I detect a hint of jealousy amongst the denizens of the group that

you
got the answer 100% right?

BWAAaaahahahaha! LMAO

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Hey Jim, how long before no CW's required here? (in your opinion)

--
GO# 40

---