Old March 28th 04, 07:03 PM
Jim Weir

Use RG-174. Finding an inexpensive SMA connector for RG-58 is difficult.

Jim

"Dustin"

-Hello, I am going to be making some adaptor harnesses for my HT, they are
-going to have a PL-259 on one end and a SMA male end on the other, my
-question is are the center conductor's inside the RG-58 and RG-174 the same
-diameter because I see all the jumper harness's that are available
-commercially made of RG-174, but when I see DIY pages they are made of
-RG-58, and I just want to make sure. I read that RG-58 has alot less loss
-and is cheaper. Thanks
-
-

Jim Weir, VP Eng. RST Eng. WX6RST