Old August 8th 03, 08:47 PM
W5DXP

Ed Senior wrote:
I am rather bemused by the responses you got suggesting a one-size-fits-all
ladder-line doublet instead. I'm sure these can be good antennas; but
they usually seem to be presented by their advocates as having no draw-
backs at all. That would be an incorrect view, as those antennas have
their own tradeoffs--just like other antennas.

The biggest tradeoff is the tuner, of course.

I use the transmission line to tune my 130 ft. dipole, no tuner needed.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying six bands, instant QSY, no tuner needed, and
I run power when I want to.

I'm enjoying eight bands, throw a couple of knife switches to QSY,
no tuner needed, and I run power when I want to. Also no messing
with the interaction of multiple legs of dipoles.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp