Old January 22nd 04, 08:06 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Brainbuster)
Twistedhed wrote in message
My HF cb g was made in Tennessee,,,,Tentec.
_
I'll betcha the UK is prime for the cb/hammie rig for unlicensed
ops....heck, I talk to plenty of Limeys with great radios..very similar
to what many of us pay with here,,American made 40 channels....hmmmm!

The "illegal" radios have never really stopped

coming over here... plenty

are about.

As the manufacturers got wise, they marketed

them as "Amateur" radios, knowing where the

true market lies - CBers. The smarter

"freebanders" got wise and started buying

them. At the price, they were better than the

old butchered 148GTL-DX radios floating

about. The Gov. got wise, and made them

illegal but, finding that only stopped them

getting taxes from the "under-the-counter"

sales, they did a u-turn.

They made them legal again? Relegalized?

On top of that, to make the systems cheaper,

PLLs were designed to be capable of any CB

standard so that one IC could be mass

produced. This means that some legal UK

sets can now be opened up as never before.

What a deal!!

Yep, freebanders heaven. Shame it is not

helping any UK manufacturers.

My asbestos suit is now on.

Peter.

Ahh,,the only ones who would flame you would be those who have inner
problems with themselves and a difficult acceptance of reality. Why else
would one flame you for merely telling it how it is?