Old January 18th 04, 06:54 PM
Dave or Debby

Default UNIDEN Pro-510 CB NOW made in RED CHINA !!!!!!!

Yep, it UNfortunately is. I saw one the other day, and I couldn't
believe my eyes!

We ALL need to e mail Uniden and tell them that WE WON'T BUY ANY of
their CB's that are made in RED COMMUNIST CHINA, just like we don't
sell new units of COBRA, rat shack, and whoever else that makes their
CB's in RED CHINA !

Has anyone been in one of these units yet? Are they the same as the
last board 510, or is it changed?

I KNOW that the quality of this CB and ANY OTHER CB made in RED CHINA
is lower than they were when they were made in the Phillipines!
That's because a communist system is SO UNBiblical, that it pays all
it's slaves the same $$$$, except you are in the party elite !

SO let's ALL git to Uniden's web site, so WE CAN made THE difference!

I warned Uniden about this years ago, so NOW I will tell them that
THIS CB shop will NOT buy CHINESE PINKO CB's ever (Lord Willing)!!!!
Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!1

Old January 20th 04, 07:34 AM
Brainbuster

Dave or Debby wrote in message ...
Yep, it UNfortunately is. I saw one the other day, and I couldn't
believe my eyes!

We ALL need to e mail Uniden and tell them that WE WON'T BUY ANY of
their CB's that are made in RED COMMUNIST CHINA, just like we don't
sell new units of COBRA, rat shack, and whoever else that makes their
CB's in RED CHINA !

I thought that all CBs were made in China of Korea, are any CBs made in
America?

There was one Brit made CB, but that will have gone years back. The
Government killed off any chance of UK made CBs a few years back... Brit
companies could probably not afford the costs that they imposed on
manufacturers.

Regards.

Peter.

Old January 21st 04, 02:59 PM
gw

[...]

well actually they are flooding this country with cheap poorly made
products.......and since we gave them most favored nation status(don't
ask me why), this type of activity will continue....and so they use
the money to improve their army and their nuclear
capabilities......maybe i am missing something here but why is it i
can see this and the people in charge of this country always seem to
look the other way on such things?
Old January 22nd 04, 07:40 AM
Brainbuster

Twistedhed wrote in message

My HF cb g was made in Tennessee,,,,Tentec.

I'll betcha the UK is prime for the cb/hammie rig for unlicensed
ops....heck, I talk to plenty of Limeys with great radios..very similar
to what many of us pay with here,,American made 40 channels....hmmmm!

The "illegal" radios have never really stopped coming over here... plenty
are about.
As the manufacturers got wise, they marketed them as "Amateur" radios,
knowing where the true market lies - CBers. The smarter "freebanders" got
wise and started buying them. At the price, they were better than the old
butchered 148GTL-DX radios floating about.
The Gov. got wise, and made them illegal but, finding that only stopped them
getting taxes from the "under-the-counter" sales, they did a u-turn.
On top of that, to make the systems cheaper, PLLs were designed to be
capable of any CB standard so that one IC could be mass produced. This
means that some legal UK sets can now be opened up as never before.

Yep, freebanders heaven. Shame it is not helping any UK manufacturers.

My asbestos suit is now on.

Peter.

Old January 22nd 04, 04:55 PM
Radioman

My asbestos suit is now on.

How about your activated charcoal underwear?

You wouldn't want to curl my nose hairs, would you?

BTW, Peter, if you can use some UK power cords, I've got 2
from a job I did. I can send a picture.

-You know who...
Old February 1st 04, 10:18 PM
Braìnbuster

Twistedhed wrote in message

They made them legal again? Relegalized?

LOL.
I think they realised that they couldn't stop the things coming over, they
could only stop themselves from getting their "cut" of the action.
Money talks.

On top of that, to make the systems cheaper,
PLLs were designed to be capable of any CB
standard so that one IC could be mass
produced. This means that some legal UK
sets can now be opened up as never before.

What a deal!!

When CBs were first legal over here, nearly all our sets used BCD type PLLs.
Not because of rules here, but because that is what was available.

As the PLLs were based on the USA PLLs, piggy-backing has been used
quite a bit. There is a UK PLL that will piggy-back on an old Sanyo BCD PLL
used in the old USA 40 channel sets... giving our 40 channels on top of the
USA 40.
Not that I would give out the info and wiring diagrams to anyone, just
because they e-mailed me asking for it... that would be naughty.

Am I right in believing that America forced manufacturers to use the more
secure chips? We had no such rule - type approval is based on what it does
as standard, not what it can do once some smart-@r$e gets inside.

There are now legal marked CBs with more bands than the users know what do
do with... just extra dead channels.

Ahh,,the only ones who would flame you would be those who have inner
problems with themselves and a difficult acceptance of reality. Why else
would one flame you for merely telling it how it is?

Beats me why they bother. Clearly, with all the sexual crud they post,
legality is not their real issue.
I'm going to be a bit busy for a week or two so I may not be about much on
here. E-mail will still get looked when I get time.

Regards.

Peter.