Old May 15th 04, 01:45 AM
Steveo

"Bobby" wrote:
I recently purchased an 89 Bronco, and I'm looking for a good antenna
mounting idea for this beast. I know that I can't put it on the roof of
the truck (clearance issues around town). I've thought about a bumper
mount, but options are limited due to the placement of the taillights.
After looking online for a bit I'm thinking of something like a doorjamb
mount at the tailgate... but I'd like to know if anyone else has mounted
an antenna on a similar vehicle to learn from their mistakes\experiences.
Right now I'm using one of the cheapie magnet mounts on the roof of the
truck that forces me to crank the squelch up so high I must be within 50
feet of whomever I'm talking to. Been reading this group just long
enough to know that antenna mounts is a subject that gets posted
frequently enough. Unfortunately, I'm not the exception.

Is a mirror mount an option? You can always un-screw it for
the clearance problems. (forget the twin talkers) g

--
I won't retire, but I might retread.