Old May 20th 04, 07:40 AM
Bobby

After re-reading the "antenna whine?" thread, I think I have been able to
deduce the cause of my noisy cheapo antenna to something entirely
different... the radio unit itself not being properly grounded. Thanks to
WALRUS for suggesting I mount it inside the truck (caused me to run the
radio without the truck running) and to Frank for that kick-hiney analogy
that stuck in my mind. Fairly sure that it's one of my fuel pumps inducing
some noise. I'm still going with a better antenna. I'm leaning more
towards a longer one on the bumper as opposed to a shorter one on the side
view mirror. I had planned on keeping the height above the vehicle about
the same so I figure the longer antenna, the better.

Thanks to everyone that replied