Old June 16th 04, 03:01 PM
Nicolai Carpathia

From: (Frank=A0Gilliland)
In ,
wrote:
Many times...........even tested them.

Sorry your tests results were debunked by

Frank in the xterminator thread, you are a

voodoo tech

(Frank never tested any of the antennas.)

I just tested my 9' whip (mounted on the

roo-guard of my Dodge). Tied it back so the

top was parallel with the ground (pointing

East, if that makes a difference).

Measurements were compared to the antenna
straight up.......;

SWR didn't change at all, and vertically

polarized field strength dropped by a hair.

However, horizontally polarized field strength

made a huge jump to the good. Subjectively, I

listened to the toilet bowl while pulling on the

lanyard.

But,,,,there is supposed to be no skip...

Some weak signals disappeared while others

came in that weren't there before. Let the whip

back while the new signals were lost.

Looks like it's a compromise situation.

=A0

It is. You failed to account for, or at least detail, a myriad of
factors. Were you in a free zone? How near was the closest object? Did
you have a duplicate antenna in which to compare duplicate tests? Did
you repeat the test with the antenna on the opposite side of the
vehicle? Did you move the vehicle around? A single day's atmospheric
condition for a single test? One perfunctory test is meaningless in the
context of science.

(=A0Frank as well as you still
believes the earth is flat.)

-----=3D=3D Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =3D-----