Old June 22nd 04, 02:36 AM

snip
Further tests showed that if you replace the 9 foot stainless steel
whip with a 9 foot one inch silver pipe then the full length silver
pipe would beat all others tested. Including the X-terminator

I don't think anyone, including you, keeps a stock of 1" silver pipe
laying around just waiting to be cut and tuned for a CB antenna. But
oddly enough, I do. So after all your whining about me doing my own
tests, I'll repeat your test with the silver pipe. Now I'll need the
parameters of the test:

1. What was the final trim length/frequency of that pipe?

I don't remember

2. SWR?

I don't remember but the lengths were adjusted for best SWR.

3. Field strength relative to 9' SS and at what distance?

3 s units for the SS whip............ 3.05 s units for the
X-terminator .......... 3.1 s units for the silver pipe.

Multiple a/b comparisons to determine the gain order.

A consistent gain order was evident.

The numerical values were obtained by averaging.

4. What was used for a FSM?

A Tentec radio

5. What was the vehicle used and the location of the antenna mount?

On the roof of a pickup. (quick disconnects)

6. What was used to couple the pipe to the mount?

Hose clamp