Old June 29th 04, 07:30 PM
Chris

It's not wired directly now but I tried it. The noise is coming through the
antenna, which is on the hood. The source is the body control module. I'm
not sure what it does but the engine runs without it. I may have to go with
a short antenna on the roof because it has to clear parking garages.

Chris

"Gary Danaher" wrote in message
| Did you wire the radio directly to the battery with the appropriate
| fuses? Betteries act as a wonderful filter.
|

| Chris wrote:
| I just installed a CB radio in a 92 Plymouth Grand Voyager. All went
smoothe
| except for one thing. There is something in the van causing a great deal
of
| noise in the receive on certain channels. It sounds like a constant
| mid-frequency tone. It comes on when the ignition switch is turned on
but
| remains on for 15 minutes or so after the switch is turned back off.
When I