Old July 21st 04, 04:15 AM
COBRA_STRIKE

Default Q: Replacing RF inductors?

How am I able to replace RF inductor coil(s) [the ones that have that wax
covering over them to keep "sticky fingers" from turning them with another
one that will work.

I am asking this because:
1. I am looking to replace a couple of inductor coils;

2. I need to learn how to take it upon myself to learn how to repair for my
own experience. I'm not doing this for $$ income, just seeing what I can
find to boost my knowledge on these things.

3. I am sure someone out there has had this on their mind as well as I do.

4. Even though I am a licensed Ham, I am in no way doing ANY illegal mess;
just repairing them to bring them back online so someone who just wants one
to talk on can get some good use out of it.

5. I have some CBs that need a good refit and I am looking for some good
references on how to bring these radios that I find at Flea Markets like the
one in Danville, VA and Hamfests like the "FrostFest" in Richmond, VA.

Tnx.

Sean