Old July 21st 04, 04:15 AM
COBRA_STRIKE

Default Q: Replacing RF inductors?

How am I able to replace RF inductor coil(s) [the ones that have that wax
covering over them to keep "sticky fingers" from turning them with another
one that will work.

I am asking this because:
1. I am looking to replace a couple of inductor coils;

2. I need to learn how to take it upon myself to learn how to repair for my
own experience. I'm not doing this for $$ income, just seeing what I can
find to boost my knowledge on these things.

3. I am sure someone out there has had this on their mind as well as I do.

4. Even though I am a licensed Ham, I am in no way doing ANY illegal mess;
just repairing them to bring them back online so someone who just wants one
to talk on can get some good use out of it.

5. I have some CBs that need a good refit and I am looking for some good
references on how to bring these radios that I find at Flea Markets like the
one in Danville, VA and Hamfests like the "FrostFest" in Richmond, VA.

Tnx.

Sean

Old July 21st 04, 05:19 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:15:52 -0400, "COBRA_STRIKE"
wrote in :

How am I able to replace RF inductor coil(s) [the ones that have that wax
covering over them to keep "sticky fingers" from turning them with another
one that will work.

snip

Search the net for a program called "HAMCALC" by VE3ERP. It has a coil
designer program plus a jillion other nifty things, and lots of other
very useful info.

TOKO Inductors Tom Homebrew 4 March 22nd 04 03:44 AM
TOKO Inductors Tom Homebrew 0 March 22nd 04 03:16 AM
Current in antenna loading coils controversy - new measurement Yuri Blanarovich Antenna 69 December 5th 03 02:11 PM
Making inductors Qas Homebrew 12 September 23rd 03 04:12 PM
Making inductors Qas Homebrew 0 September 4th 03 04:50 PM