Old April 19th 04, 06:14 PM
Tom S

I have built a few of these and they do work. As always, smaller means some
compromise. I have a 17M, 40M CW, and a 40M Phone Microvert in my attic.
They are pretty easy to build (if you know a little math) and not all that
hard to tune. I would recomend playing with one. My 40M antennas are about
3 feet tall and I have no real problem working most stations I hear. I
usually run PSK at 20-30 Watts and have worked some DX and lots of
stateside. It won't beat a 30 ft vertical in the yard but it does work.

Some pictures of my first attempt can be found he
http://home.comcast.net/~ac9ts/40m_mvert.html

Tom - AC9TS

http://www.antennex.com/preview/arch.../microvert.htm

73!