Old April 17th 04, 10:30 PM
Jeremy Salch

Default Micro Vertical

Gery Duyck wrote:

Yesterday I heard somebody talking over micro vertical antenna's for HF.
Seems very similar to magnetic loop's but easyer to adjust, and a bigger
band coverage.

They where talking about an 60cm antenna for the 40m band.

To bad I couldn't reply ...

Does anybody knows something more about this antenna?

73'
ON4GDK, Gery

Sounds like a dummy load, or one of the attachments for the comet UHV6
multiband hf antenna.

If they figured out a way to make it that small and actually work very well
I'd love to hear about that.

--
Registered Linux User #346565
http://www.tblx.net
Old April 18th 04, 02:44 AM
Nick Lelyak

"Jeremy Salch" wrote in message
Gery Duyck wrote:

Yesterday I heard somebody talking over micro vertical antenna's for HF.
Seems very similar to magnetic loop's but easyer to adjust, and a bigger
band coverage.

They where talking about an 60cm antenna for the 40m band.

To bad I couldn't reply ...

Does anybody knows something more about this antenna?

73'
ON4GDK, Gery

Sounds like a dummy load, or one of the attachments for the comet UHV6
multiband hf antenna.

If they figured out a way to make it that small and actually work very

well
I'd love to hear about that.

--
Registered Linux User #346565
http://www.tblx.net
WA5K

http://www.antennex.com/preview/arch.../microvert.htm

73!
VE3UKR

Old April 19th 04, 06:14 PM
Tom S

I have built a few of these and they do work. As always, smaller means some
compromise. I have a 17M, 40M CW, and a 40M Phone Microvert in my attic.
They are pretty easy to build (if you know a little math) and not all that
hard to tune. I would recomend playing with one. My 40M antennas are about
3 feet tall and I have no real problem working most stations I hear. I
usually run PSK at 20-30 Watts and have worked some DX and lots of
stateside. It won't beat a 30 ft vertical in the yard but it does work.

Some pictures of my first attempt can be found he
http://home.comcast.net/~ac9ts/40m_mvert.html

Tom - AC9TS