Old October 10th 04, 02:00 AM
Alex

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 00:19:40 GMT, sideband wrote:

Alex:

That's there for shipping, to keep the magnet base in place. DON't put
it in the mount before putting it on the vehicle. It will scratch the
crap out of your paint.

You can use it to throw at people who want to mess with your car.
::grin:: Otherwise, it'd make a great miniature picture frame for a
pic of your mother in law (I really did this), just as soon as you add
a "lid" for it, to make it look like a toilet seat. ::Smirk::

-SSB

Thanks a bunch man. Should I adjust this antenna whip. I don't have
external swr meter right now, but should have one very soon. I hope it
doesn't mess anything up since I cant check it right now. I did check
it, and am going to again in a second with the built in SWR meter, but
I hear they are not accurate. Should I try several methods going up
and down with the antenna? Someone told me that i should drop it all
the way in. I've also been reading that going up or down with the
antenna brings in different signals, something to do with 11 meters
adjust the antenna..I wish i could find the site and maybe you would
know what I was talking about