Old July 12th 03, 09:45 PM
Roy Lewallen

I'm not sure if that's meant to be humorous, or if you really did
misinterpret what I meant. In case it's the latter, I'll amplify.

If a quarter wavelength shorted stub at frequency f1 has impedance R1,
then a quarter wavelength shorted stub at frequency f2 will have an
impedance of R1 * sqrt(f2 / f1), if it's made of the same type of
transmission line, and the frequency is in the range where conductor
loss dominates (below about 1 - 10 GHz for typical coax).

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

W5DXP wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

All else being equal, the impedance gets higher as frequency increases.

Double the frequency and you have a shorted 1/2WL stub. Isn't the
impedance of a shorted 1/2WL stub lower than the impedance of a
shorted 1/4WL stub?