Old October 14th 04, 01:15 AM
Martin

"I Am Not George" wrote in message
m...
"Pat Stevens" wrote
I think they have pointed out in the past that this is a "freebander"
who likes to casually throw out other people's callsigns, attempting
to show that he should be working with amateur radio, when he isn't.
They are getting upset, because he has posted this similar
message about 5 different ways, within the last week.
C'est la vie.

stand by for a freebander defense from twisty or his sock

Not so much the 'freebander' bit, but that he is known for causing trouble
among ALL operators (including freebanders), and operates on amateur bands
unlicensed, and throws out other peoples names and callsigns to try and
justify the info he is seeking, and has caused numerous people on air, on
various frequencies, lots of grief and trouble.....

If he was 'only a freebander' - i.e. if his only 'crime' was operating on
the out-of-band CB channels, then much of this would not have happened - but
I think we all know and accept that you don't need a high power all mode
full access amateur HF transceiver just to talk on the out-of-band
channels!!!!!

From the Amateur point of view - unless someone is licensed or is currently
studying to get their licence, do we really want them having access to such
equipment? We (amateurs) complain when unlicensed stations start using our
frequencies, causing trouble for other legitimate stations - this is one
such station (known from experience)...

And all that before we even get to the fact that we cop the same (or very,
very similar) messages, cross-posted, several times in a week at the very
least - for Christ's sake you have to at least give people time to read your
post before you start re-posting!!!