Old April 24th 04, 07:24 PM
Jimmy

I have heard of a couple of people converting CB antennas to 2 meter. Mostly
this was just using the avaialbe hardware to make a 2m antenna. Cutting off
the coil and adjusting the remaining portion of the antenna to the proper
length. One of my friends tried this and it worked as well as a 1/4 wl
mobile can be expected. He got a lot of "picket fencing noise" while driving
which was also present when using a commercially made1/4 wl antenna. Problem
was solved by going to a commercially built 1/2 wl antenna.. I ve seen some
base loaded antennas that could probably easily be converted to 5/8 wl 2m
antennas by cutting the radiator to the appropriate length and rewinding the
coil. Just find some basic antenna building projects and figure out how you
can make use of the CB antenna parts in your plans to save a little
fabrication time and money.

"R. Scott" wrote in message
I have a mid coil loaded CB that came with my Goldwing I bought. I know
Ive seen somewhere that you could convert a mid loaded CB to 2mtrs. I
dont plan on using CB on my bike but would like 2mts.

Did a Google search and came up emtpy.

Anyone know where I could get ideas.

Thanks
--