Old November 24th 04, 03:43 AM
Leland C. Scott

"harvey" wrote in message
.. .

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

| "Twistedhed" wrote in message
| The large corporations continue to do business as usual while the
| feds pacify insignificants with smoke and mirrors (fines).
|
| Except when the "go to jail" part of the penalty comes up for repeated
| violations. Also don't overlook that some of those Pilot Travel centers
may
| be wholly own franchises where the owner has to pay the fine if they get
| busted. The real fine is having to go to court to fight the FCC, and

that
| sounds like what may happen. When it does it could cost them much more
than
| the $125K fine depending on how far they want to take the fight up the
legal
| ladder. This would be the case to watch.
| --
| Leland C. Scott
| KC8LDO

i think a company whose one branch makes over 5 billion a yr will just

shrug
this off....
harv

For a large company yeah you're right. But then again if one of the
executives ends up in jail, which they can, then taking the radios off the
shelf would have looked like the smart thing to do and then just shrug it
off. Lately the government likes throwing white collar company executives in
jail for wrong doing. After all just how much money are they going to
realistically loose anyway from dumping the questionable radios from their
sales line up? Not much is my guess. If the FCC chooses to play hard-ball I
expect they will just do what the FCC told them to do, and not waste any
more time or money on something that won't materially affect their bottom
line.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO