Old July 19th 03, 03:58 PM
WS2L \(Dave\)

I don't see the big deal about being able to monitor cell conversations
anyway. All the new phones are digital and on 1900 MHz, the phones you can
hear on 800 MHz are the old Motorola bricks & other phones of that size.
Since the market is flooded with PCS phones (1900 MHz) I don't see that
there is much to listen to anymore, well at least not like 10 years or so
ago. I'm only going to guess that some people want to be able to listen to
the Nextel "Direct Connect" conversations, I think they are probably more
interesting than listening to a lame conversation on a phone with 10 or more
year old technology.

"Anthony B." wrote in message
What is the big thing with scanner that can receive cell transmission?
I don't get it. I have a scanner on eBay that can not get cell or be
modified for it, yet all inquiries are asking about the cell mod. Is it

just
to say "I HAVE IT" because Uncle Sam says you can not.
I am confused.

--
Anthony