Old July 18th 03, 10:59 PM
Anthony B.

Default Cell phone modified scanners

What is the big thing with scanner that can receive cell transmission?
I don't get it. I have a scanner on eBay that can not get cell or be
modified for it, yet all inquiries are asking about the cell mod. Is it just
to say "I HAVE IT" because Uncle Sam says you can not.
I am confused.

--
Anthony

Old July 18th 03, 11:18 PM
Undecided

Yes, that's probably true.

Isn't that how "America" works?

"Anthony B." wrote in message
What is the big thing with scanner that can receive cell transmission?
I don't get it. I have a scanner on eBay that can not get cell or be
modified for it, yet all inquiries are asking about the cell mod. Is it

just
to say "I HAVE IT" because Uncle Sam says you can not.
I am confused.

--
Anthony

---

Old July 19th 03, 08:26 AM
Paul Keenleyside

"Undecided" wrote in message
.. .
Yes, that's probably true.

Isn't that how "America" works?

Yep, that's the U.S. alright. The Land of the Aggrieved and the Land of the
Depraved.

As for cell phone, who want to hear some empty helment 16 year old gush to
her girlfriend about the new hunk she just got,
or meet me at the Wal Mart stuff?

Give me air control, fire service and marine anytime. They are much more
fascinating than trying to listen in on the fat next door neighbour sliming
her husband who's a boozer.

Old July 19th 03, 03:58 PM
WS2L \(Dave\)

I don't see the big deal about being able to monitor cell conversations
anyway. All the new phones are digital and on 1900 MHz, the phones you can
hear on 800 MHz are the old Motorola bricks & other phones of that size.
Since the market is flooded with PCS phones (1900 MHz) I don't see that
there is much to listen to anymore, well at least not like 10 years or so
ago. I'm only going to guess that some people want to be able to listen to
the Nextel "Direct Connect" conversations, I think they are probably more
interesting than listening to a lame conversation on a phone with 10 or more
year old technology.

Old July 20th 03, 05:38 AM
Tim

Well, I did hear my neighbor making a deal to buy "coke" a year or so ago...
but that's as good as it gets.... Unless you like the rare phone sex... That
is some times very comical......