Old May 9th 04, 06:59 PM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 09 May 2004 16:35:39 GMT, YODAR wrote:
... "Coca Cola is acidic because the reaction between carbon
dioxide and the other ingredients of the soda produces carbonic acid.
Coca Cola Classic has a pH of 2.5..."

coca cola also has phosphoric acid in it

Hi OM,

I was going to point that out, but hit the send button while fumbling
among the keys.

Phosphoric acid is a very good metal brightener. I used it when
cleaning shipboard equipment for Gov. contracts. I recall one fellow
in our group who picked up a coffee cup to use it as a solvent holder,
poured some in, and immediately dissolved the bottom right out. It
was as though he poured it straight through a sleeve.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC