Old August 1st 03, 06:26 PM
Dave Holford

Spamhater wrote:

"John L. Wilkerson Jr." wrote in message
"PowerHouse CB & Scanner"
wrote
in :

Perhaps in Canada, but everything is the same here in the US.

They
still sell CBs and Ham Radios around here, so I doubt I will see

their
line of scanners disappearing any time soon... I've heard of

this
already happening across the northern border, but not within the

US.

Additionally, they are preparing to release a new-digital-capable
scanner.... Definitely NOT true.....

Out of curiosity, perhaps the Canadian government playing a role in loss of
sales of scanners- in Canada??????
JMS.

More likely the U.S. Government.

The market for RS scanners is probably poor since they tend to carry
U.S. versions. Other dealers in Canada have versions without the cell
blocking and are most likely getting most of the business.

Dave