Old August 10th 03, 11:08 AM
GeorgeF

You're not missing anything. Granted the PRO-2006 is probably the
worlds most famous scanner. In its time (over a decade ago) it was
state of the art. Today the only reason they're going for outragous
prices on eBay is simply because they can be modified for Cell Phones.

I have a PRO-2006, actually I had 2 but sold one, I couldn't resist the
$150 profit! I have 7 BC780's. The 780's have FAR better intermod
rejection and selectivity. Sensitivity is nearly the same. The
PRO-2006 is a very sensitive radio however intermodes can be a problem.

The PRO-2006 is very slow at scanning and searching when compared to the
780. Also I VERY useful feature of the 780 is during searches you can
lockout freqs which cause birdies, intermod or you already know of.
Very useful if you want to scan a large range and don't want to have to
hit the "search" button everytime the scanner comes back to that
frequency and stops. The PRO-2006 does not have tha feature and since I
do a lot of military searching that is a huge plus for me!

The PRO-2006 deserves its place in the Scanner Hall of Fame, its a
classic but that's all.... I feel the BC 780XLT is today what the
PRO-2006 was of 10 years ago. But what is really sad is that most
people won't agree with me simply because the 780 can't nor ever will
receive cell phones....I never seen the big excitement about cell phone
reception anyway....

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com