Old September 15th 03, 10:07 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

I currently use the stock antenna for my local counties emergency services
related stuff, but anytime I wish to utilize other counties programmed into
it, a better antenna is always utilized. And that is band specific if we
are talking about using it in portable mode. As far as using it in the
house, the exterior antenna is primarily designed for the 140-150 range but
does well for many other bands, and does improve other bands reception even
though it is not a perfect match to those bands.

I would check some of the major scanner or ham radio retailers. I tried
using a dual band antenna I bought for my ham HT to replace the rubber
duckie, and definitely noticed a positive difference. (Its one of those
2m/70cm ham antennas you supposedly can tie into a knot, and then untie the
knot and it returns to its original shape.)

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

"Jackie" wrote in message
t...

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message
The Rat Shack Pro-95 overall is a good model, and I enjoy it.

I'm thinking of getting myself one of these for an upcoming road trip...

are
you using yours with the stock antenna, or is there another antenna you
would recommend for this handheld?

Thanks,

Jackie