Old September 16th 03, 07:04 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

I am quite sure it was actually SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
and the reason why they probably said to leave the immediate area of the
fire, is that there are many/multiple carcinogens and poisons in fire gases.
It is also a requirement as well I am sure too......

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
"Cubit" wrote in message
.com...
A neighbor's mobile home burned last night. At one point they said anyone
not wearing an SCVA was to leave the remains of the coach. What is that?
SCVA?

If I am remembering the acronym wrong, my apologies.

It is amazing how fast mobile homes become completely involved. It to 40
minutes before the fire was under control.