Old November 25th 03, 09:04 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article , says...
The Civil Air Patrol (CAP), an auxiliary of the U. S. Air Force,
has conducted several drills on the
two frequencies attributed to them , CH 1 148.150 and CH 2 148.125,
with a PL for the
New Hampshire wing of 136.5 hz ( Mass Wing and others may us the PL
tone of 100.00 hz)
this past month in Southern New Hampshire.

You may also want to plug 143.9 MHz in -- that's the input frequency for
the 148.15 repeater output. I don't remember the other VHF input, but
it's pretty close to 143.9. MARS repeaters use frequencies very close
to these, also.

Also, if I remember correctly, 123.1 is a common frequency in the VHF
aircraft band for "tactical" use by CAP aircraft and for air-to-ground
communications. And of course, ALWAYS keep 121.5 programmed in, along
with 243.0 if your scanner covers that band -- those are the VHF and UHF
"GUARD" frequencies for aircraft emergency communications.

Long, long ago, CAP also used 26.620 MHz. This was made available by
using old crystal-controlled CB radios and putting the channel 10 CB
crystals in backwards (put the Rx crystal in the Tx slot, and vice
versa). I believe this frequency has long since been dis-used, with the
advent of less expensive VHF FM gear and the passing of crystal-
controlled CB equipment into the sands of time.

Good point about the FRS frequencies. I'll remember that tip, thanks.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA