Old May 17th 04, 12:36 PM
Richard Fry

"Reg Edwards" wrote
Richard, I have no reason to doubt anything you say.
I have no reason to doubt what I have said.
But why imply there's serious disagreement when there is none?

_______________________

Clips from our previous posts (below) -

I don't know what constitutes a "serious disagreement" to you, Reg, but I
think most readers would say that we have opposite conclusions about this
topic.

If you have no reason to doubt what I wrote about this, how can you continue
to support what you wrote? Our statements are mutually exclusive.

YOU: "Provided the mechanical connection is sound, you can use any coaxial
connectors you like, regardless of nominal impedance, at frequencies less
than about 300 MHz without any observed ill effects. A connector less than
1" long of impedance 51.5 ohms in a 50 ohm system will NOT produce an SWR of
1.03:1 or anything anywhere near to it at frequencies less than 1000 MHz."

ME: "This PRACTICAL experience illustrates that an impedance change even in
a 54-60MHz TV channel occurring within a physical space of less than one
inch can produce important and commercially supportable system benefits,
despite your statements quoted above."

- RF