Old December 17th 03, 02:52 PM
AllanStern

I have other scanners today (including two Ham radios with
scanning capabilities), but that old Pro-43 will remain in use
until it dies completely.

TREmendous radio.
Last night I plugged an air-air refueling freq into several of my radios here
on the FL east coast in an attempt to hear a certain acft refueling near
Sarasota FL on FL's west coast. I could not snag the comms on any of my
scanners attached to antennas on my Rohn 25 tower. I decided to opt for my
ace-in-the-hole unit, my Pro-43 that I have wall-mounted and using a Radio
Shack center-loaded whip.
You guessed it, I was able to copy KC-135 BOLT 24 air-air refueling AC-130U
Gunship SPOOKY 41 on 276.5.

AL STERN Satellite Beach FL