Old May 18th 04, 10:16 PM
Cecil Moore

Jim Kelley wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
The current in a standing-
wave antenna wire is NOT constant, varies inch by inch, and that's a
*straight* piece of wire.

Or more precisely, the amplitude of the mathematical superposition of
forward and reverse traveling wave currents in a half-wave dipole
antenna varies inch by inch.
It is the EM fields produced by the traveling wave currents that in fact
superpose.

Of course, I was referring to *net* current which is a superposition
of forward and reflected currents, or H-fields if you prefer. The bottom
line is that if magnitude and phase vary inch by inch in a straight piece
of wire used in a standing-wave antenna, are we to believe that the variation
can be reduced by adding more wire, just in a spiral?

Did you notice W8JI changed his web page? The once outrageous statements
have been considerably modified.

I've noticed fewer of them on your web page as well, Cecil. Perhaps the
world is coming to equilibrium. :-)

My web page problem is the definition of the reflection coefficient.
RHO and S11 have different definitions. Stand by for an explanation that
even you can understand. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp