Old January 15th 04, 04:52 AM
Panzer240

(Jeff Multer) wrote in
:

the squelch works but not exactly as it should. It seems to be slow
closing

after a signal is picked up.

Not uncommon with the Pro 2021.

thanks for the reply . The scanner was originally purchased by myself
many years ago and has never been modified for anything. The frequency
range if the unit does not allow for cellular coverage, which is why I
bought something different later on. Very little of any mid band stuff in
my area as well .

If memory serves one of the kids or maybe even myself spilled a coke on
it. It (naturally) stoppped working at all. I put it on the shelf and
never got around to working on it until recently. After a good cleaning
and removal of the sticky (even after all those years) residue, it has at
least come back to life. It programs and also receives loacl police and
fire signals as well as aircraft and pager signals just fine. The audio
O/P is a bit low, and when going over the circuit board, I discovered that
the pad on one end of the component I mentioned had broken off the
associated trace and was and open circuit. I cannot identify the part
although it doesn't appear to be a diode, looks more like a 1/8 watt
resistor or perhaps a small RF choke. I would just like to replace it if I
can find out what it is

Thanks again for your input

--
Panzer