Old January 14th 04, 03:45 PM
Panzer240

Default RS Pro-2021 Info

I have an old RS Pro2021 scanner that I'm trying to resurrect. There is a
lone part on the bottm of the circuit board that is broken. It looks as if it
is an rf choke or perhaps a resistor but I cannot determine what it is or its
value. Is there anywwhere I can find schematics or circuit board layout
diagrams for this scanner on line ?? THe scanner works but has low audio O/P
and the squelch works but not exactly as it should. It seems to be slow
closing after a signal is picked up.

--
Panzer

Old January 14th 04, 11:39 PM
Jeff Multer

the squelch works but not exactly as it should. It seems to be slow closing

after a signal is picked up.

Not uncommon with the Pro 2021.

There is a lone part on the bottm of the circuit board that is broken. It

looks as if it is an rf choke or perhaps a resistor but I cannot determine what
it is or its value.

If it might be a diode, specifically one marked D44 or D45, someone was trying
to extend the reception range of the scanner to include midband (68-88 MHz) and
/ or cellular frequencies.

I have not tried the midband mod, but the cellular restoration mod does not
work ... it only allows you to enter frequencies in that range. The receiver
front end is not designed to receive in that frequency range.

Jeff Multer
Fort Mill, S.C.

Old January 15th 04, 08:46 AM
Jeff Multer

The following is the parts list still available on the Radio Shack web site, if
you can I-D any part numbers:

http://support.tandy.com/support_ele...oc21/21317.htm

Also, there is a block diagram of the circuit in the manual that I could scan,
if that would be of help.

Jeff Multer
Fort Mill, S.C.

Old January 15th 04, 11:57 PM
Panzer240

(Jeff Multer) wrote in
:

The following is the parts list still available on the Radio Shack web
site, if you can I-D any part numbers:

http://support.tandy.com/support_ele...oc21/21317.htm

Also, there is a block diagram of the circuit in the manual that I could
scan, if that would be of help.

I have the User manual and have looked at the parts list. Unfortunately
this part is on the underside of the circuit board. In fact it is the only
visible component when you remove the bottom cover. (Located in approx the
center of the board) Unfortunatley there are no Identifying marks on it or
on the board. That's why I was looking for the schematic and/or a pc board
overlay diagram.

Thanks again for your imput.

--
Panzer

Any info on WJ-8690 Receiver? al Boatanchors 1 July 11th 04 12:14 PM
Any info on WJ-8690 Receiver? al Equipment 2 July 11th 04 12:14 PM
OLD motorola trunking information jack smith Scanner 1 December 12th 03 09:48 AM
INFO: Digitar WX Stn John Boatanchors 0 October 27th 03 12:26 AM
Superheterodyne AM to SW conversion info Liam Ness Homebrew 4 July 13th 03 06:31 AM