Old January 21st 04, 12:27 AM
Keith

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:42:01 GMT,
TG wrote:
I'm looking at buying one of these two Unidens but I thought that the
digital version (785D) with 500 more channels would be more expensive. The
780xlt has 500 less channels and isn't digital ready so why is it just a few
dollars cheaper then the 785D?

I mean if we're only talking 30-40 dollars (this is comparison shopping
around the net) more for the digital with 500 more channels, why would one
buy the 780xlt?!

BTW: $257! for the 785D with 8 bucks to ship, that is an incredible price,
by far the cheapest I've found around - http://www.bearcatscanner.com/

Thanks group!

The 785D requires that you buy the digital card for an additional $300 to
receive digital. The reason that the price has dropped on the 785 is because
it is being discontinued. The 796d/296d scanners come with the digital
card preinstalled and support 9600 TRS and CQPSK mode unlike the 785d.

--
Best Regards, Keith
NW Oregon Radio http://kilowatt-radio.com/