Old January 30th 04, 08:52 AM
Paul Keenleyside

J.C. Jones wrote in message
s.com...

If this story is believable and actually happened then you should:

1. Look at the receipt. Take down the Bill of Lading number. There may be
other marks on it that indicate the route
number and possibly the driver name. But the Bill of Lading / Waybill
number can be used to track down exactly
how the item was delivered, as every time a package item changes hands
or vehicles it is recorded internally by the
company.

2. File a complaint against the driver at the delivery company. File for
reimbursement up to the level that was insured.
Don't speak to the cute girl at the front desk. See the Terminal
Manager. If he does nothing, then go to the District
Manager.

3. See a lawyer immediately.

4. Use another carrier. This is unacceptable. The driver should be fired
immediatly. If I had even a minor complaint
about service with a carrier I would not used them next time. I know
because I have been in transportation management.

5. Do not get antognistic next time. The drivers usually after a period of
time rotate their routes, so you may not end up
with "Joe Tough" next time even if you used the same carrier. Do not try
to correct a wrong on your own.

6. Make your story more believeable. If Some courier idiot did that to my
ICOM radio I would have immediatly gone over
to write down his plate number, or at least the truck's fleet or shop
number (usually in larger numerals than a licence plate).
It would be silly to try and get physical with a 350 pound gorilla with
an attitude. Trying out for WWF isn't going to get
you a new career to replace your day job.