Old February 17th 04, 10:38 AM
JerrSingle

Subject: Scanner won't pick up my GMRS radio--why?
From: (Dan Richman)
Date: 2/11/2004 2:55 PM Pacific Standard Time
i just programmed my new PRO-95 with the GMRS frequencies, but when i
key my GMRS radio, even from across the room, the scanner stops on the
freq but produces only static and a barely readable signal. any idea
why that might be? shouldn't i be picking up the signal perfectly?

my two Vertex VX-400 radios, which i'm using for GMRS, communicate
perfectly with each other and with several off-the-shelf FRS/GMRS
radios.

thanks for any ideas why this might be happening!

dan richman

I have a Radio Shack PRO-38 and I can receive the GMRS and FRS Frequencies, if
I try to listen to myself while using the GMRS/FRS radio in the same room as
the scanner I get some static in my reception of the signal.

Tuxedo Darien