Old February 21st 04, 02:46 AM
Bill

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

"Bill" wrote in message
What do you think about just replacing the batteries inside with new

Ni-Cads
from the store? Any problems just soldering them together, or should I

buy
"shaver" batteries with the terminals built in, though they are much

more
money?

Most batteries are very difficult to solder to if they do not have the
solder tabs built on. The material does not seem to take solder very well
and also you can over heat the battery. The solder tabs are usually spot
welded on.

Thanks Ralph. We recycle here so I have a few to experiment on.
No suggestions for Canada dealers, What about prices in USA?