Old March 11th 04, 02:43 PM
Jim Hackett

Some of the Sheriff frequencies are digital BUT just because they are
digital doesn't mean they can be listened to by a digital scanner. You need
to know what type they use then see if the scanner you want can decode that
type of transmission...

"Charlie Durand" wrote in message
Thanks for the reponse.. that takes care of the trunked question.

Are there are digital signals worth listening to in the Bay Area? That

you
know of .. of course.

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
link.net...
Santa Clara P.D. and S.J.P.D.'s S.W.A.T. are trunked...

"Charlie Durand" wrote in message
newsZL3c.225684$jk2.928278@attbi_s53...
Hey there,

I currently have two scanners. They are both Uniden BC200xlt's.

I have no complaints about this model. It has done what is was

designed
do just fine for me.

No trunking though. I'd like to check that out.

No digital either. I don't know if this would be a benefit or not to

me
in
my area.

First, I live in Santa Clara County, California. What am I missing

that
you
enjoy monitoring? I currently monitor the local fire and police
departments. Sometimes I'll check out the commercial flights at the

local
airports.

I'd like to check out the military air communications. Is there much

be
heard in the Bay Area though? I think all the bases are gone now.

The latest Uniden is the BC296 so that's probably what I'd be looking

buy.

Thanks in advance!

Charlie