Old March 12th 04, 03:20 PM
Don Starr

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:42:59 GMT, "Charlie Durand"
wrote:

Hey there,

I currently have two scanners. They are both Uniden BC200xlt's.

I have no complaints about this model. It has done what is was designed to
do just fine for me.

No trunking though. I'd like to check that out.

No digital either. I don't know if this would be a benefit or not to me in
my area.

First, I live in Santa Clara County, California. What am I missing that you
enjoy monitoring? I currently monitor the local fire and police
departments. Sometimes I'll check out the commercial flights at the local
airports.

I'd like to check out the military air communications. Is there much to be
heard in the Bay Area though? I think all the bases are gone now.

The latest Uniden is the BC296 so that's probably what I'd be looking to
buy.

Thanks in advance!

Charlie

I'm in Santa Clara (city of) and use a PRO-96 to monitor:
* The city's 800 MHz Mot Type-II system (all police, FD, etc.).
* County sheriff (non-trunked digital). I mostly listen to the
operations in/around Cupertino.
* Moffett Field. There are still some Mil-Air operations going
on there.
* CHP - the "instant" CTCSS decode on the 96 is great for that.

I mainly listen to the city, but occasionally "un-lock-out" the
others.

-Don