Old March 30th 04, 02:21 PM
Woolridge

yes, the 780XLT is a excellent choice.

"Harry C" wrote in message
Thanks, I hear you Jeff. I have looked at the Pro-95 also, but had my mind
set on a base. I also want full functionality including PL/DPL and

computer
control is appealing. I read through many threads in this NG, and many

folks
recommend the BC780XLT over the BC785D. The main reason cited was FM
overload and/or intermod problems on the 785D. These days they are very
similar in price with a slight advantage to the 780. Anyone else have
another recommendation?
Harryc
--

"Jeff Multer" wrote in message

I am looking for the best trunktracker base station under $400. US.

have

motorola and EDACS trunked systems in my area, but no digital (yet).

If you're looking for trunktracking capability only, another option

would
be
the Pro 95 - under $200.

Put the leftover $$$ away for when the time comes to buy the latest /
greatest
generation of trunktracking scanners.

The Pro 95 offers good performance and alpha tagging ... at a good

price.
The
only reason I hesitate to recommend it for conventional scanning is that
it
can't handle PL / DPL ... that's a personal preference.

Jeff Multer
Fort Mill, S.C.