Old August 13th 03, 02:31 AM
Loopfan

Hello PMac!

I've built many homebrew loops and they work great! The project was so
successful for me that I wrote up quite a few pages about them:

http://www.greertech.com/hfloop/mymagloop.html

They are truly fascinating. In about 15 minutes time, you can build one
of these to see if it helps. They saved the hobby for me!

73 Loopfan

PMac wrote:
Hi, I am in an area with a fairly high manmade, powerline noise and
interference level. I am thinking of building a magnetic loop for 160, 80 &
40 metres and was hoping that it would not be so susceptible to the above
types of interference. Also the antenna size factor appeals to me but
comparisons with a dipole are hard to find. Any comments appreciated.

73 Peter VK2EVB