Old May 23rd 04, 10:22 PM
Reg Edwards

Henry, the trouble is nobody can understand your questions. This is because
a "conjugate match" is not relevant. And that's because the internal
impedance of the transmitter is an unknown quantity.

The sole purpose of the so-called SWR meter is to indicate whether or not
transmitter is loaded with 50 ohms.

Can anyone suggest what else it USEFULLY indicates? What else does anyone
need to know?
----
Reg, G4FGQ

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote
Not much but neither does much of this thread regarding my original query.
I hope someone that understands the question can answer in a way that my
feeble brain can comprehend. At least we're eliminating what's not the
answer.
73
Hank WD5JFR

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
Cec et al, what have circulators, S-parameters, etc. to do with HF ?